Wednesday 10 September 2008

Still Here - and Artie Is 64!

As Bryan mentions in his blog, he and I did indeed enjoy a night of magic in London's swanky Kensington, where he tucked in to a hearty meal of three prawns and a pea, while I... No, he eats quite normally, despite being barely visible if standing at the wrong angle. What he doesn't mention is that I was wearing a cravate. At sight of it he fell strangley silent and appeared abstracted for some time. Heaven knows what he is planning...
Anyway Bryan and I and the rest of us are still here and must continue our amiable chuntering until the physicists make a proper job of ending it all.
Today Artie Tripp will be celebrating his 64th birthday. Who he? Perhaps this will refresh your memory. Tripp's, it seems to me, is one of the great CVs: classical percussionist, then both the Mothers of Invention AND Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band (while also finding time to back Tim Buckley and even the Smothers Brothers), then into that last refuge of the true genius - the insurance business - before finally discovering his true vocation: chiropractice (as practised in the freedom of Mississippi, where a chiropractor can walk tall, beyond the reach of the oppressive state of California). Magnificent - happy birthday, Artie!

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear, hangovers don't improve the scope of your musical appreciation Nige, Smothers who? and as for the cravat, not with a blue worsted suit I hope. Were you all celebrating Circlip Richards self outing? now there is a big surprise "got myself a walking, talking, living Franciscan". His book was on sale today, at half price, no thanks not even for free.
    Do you think "self outing" is the correct term or should it be "self tatchellised" or "auto outing" maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, what a great name Artie Tripp has. I'd forgotten about the Mothers of Invention but I do have loads of old Zappa discs as well as Beefheart + Zappa = Bongo Fury. Must get them out and revisit. Good fortune with the cravat(e). I suspect they may engender an urge to drink pink gin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'd go for self outing Malty - but not for blue worsted thanks. What's old Cliff owning up to? Nothing much I'll warrant...
    There are cravats and cravats Mark - mine, being cool, seems to like wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many caveats about cravats that I don't know where to start. I only wear mine behind closed doors and with a smoking jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pigs wearing lipstick would look considerably better wearing a cravat, the tootal porkie look. Ditch the safety specs though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With this report, you refreshed my memory:) Many thanks for making my day! It'sometimes difficult to deal with your readers, therefore we recommend you to utilize customer writing service as an external writing help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello guys every windows 10 users have a question that how do i sync my settings in windows 10 operating system. This is an easy process you just have to logged in with microsoft account and you can easily recover your saves setting and data in your pc.

    ReplyDelete